What are cookies and how do they work?
A cookie is a text file that is stored on the computer or mobile device through a Web server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the content of the cookie and allow the Website to remember browsing preferences and navigate efficiently. Cookies make the interaction between the user and the website faster and easier.
Cookies can only store text, usually always anonymous and encrypted. No personal information will be stored in a cookie, nor can it be associated with an identified or identifiable person.
The data allows this website to maintain your information between pages, and also to analyze the way you interact with the website. Cookies are secure in that they can only store information that is put in place by the browser, which is information that the user has entered into the browser or that is included in the page request. You cannot run the code and you cannot use it to access your computer. If a web page encrypts the information in the cookie, only the web page can read the information.
Because they are important?
- From a technical point of view, they allow websites to work more agilely and adapted to user preferences, such as storing the language, the country's currency or detecting the access device.
- They establish levels of protection and security that prevent or hinder cyberattacks against the website or its users.
- They allow media managers to know statistical data collected in Cookies to improve the quality and experience of their services.
- They serve to optimize the advertising that we show to users, offering the one that best suits their interests.
Type of cookies used in CUCA E-MOTOR SL:
- Session cookies expire when the User leaves the page or closes the browser, that is, they are active for the duration of the visit to the website and therefore they are deleted from our computer when leaving it.
- The permanent ones expire when the objective for which they are used is met or when they are deleted manually, they have a deletion date and are normally used in the online purchase process, customizations or in the registry, so as not to have to constantly enter our password.
- Own Cookies are those Cookies that are sent to your computer and managed exclusively by us for the best functioning of the Website. The information we collect is used to improve the quality of our service and your user experience.
- If you interact with the content of our Website, third-party cookies may also be established (for example, by pressing buttons on social networks or viewing videos hosted on another website), which are those established by a different domain from our Website. We cannot access the data stored in cookies from other websites when you browse those websites.
How can I configure my Cookies?
All Internet browsers allow you to limit the behavior of a cookie or disable cookies within the settings or options of the browser. The steps to do this are different for each browser, instructions can be found in the help menu of your browser.
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer:
- For more information about Internet Explorer click here or how to block, enable or allow cookies click here .
- For more information about Chrome click here .
- For more information on Safari click here .
- For more information about Firefox click here .
Through your browser, you can also see the cookies that are on your computer, and delete them as you see fit. Cookies are text files, you can open them and read the content. The data within them is almost always encrypted with a numeric key that corresponds to an Internet session, so it often makes no sense beyond the web page that wrote it.
Shall we update our Cookies Policy?